Family Planning/Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (FP/MNCH) Specialist (3) – USAID ZAM-Health Activity
LOCATION: Kitwe – Copperbelt Province
Kabwe – Central Province
Choma – Southern Province
DEPARTMENT/UNIT: Family Planning/Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (FP/MNCH)
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
POSTING DATE: 02/07/2023
DEADLINE DATE: 02/14/2023
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program employs private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365, PharmAccess and Mopani Mine.
ZAM-Health is seeking an experienced Family Planning and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) specialist. The FP/MNCH specialist will lead and provide technical support and guidance to USAID ZAM-Health programs and staff on FP/MNCH services at provincial level. He/she will work closely with the private sector facilities at provincial and district levels and will provide strategic direction, technical leadership and supervision for strategic vision and work planning, coordination and monitoring of program activities to strengthen provision of FP/MNCH and cervical cancer services, and ensure USAID ZAM-Health achieves the FP/MNCH/cervical cancer services objectives in the province. The FP/MNCH specialist will work closely with the MoH at provincial and district level, health providers at regional and facility level to ensure provision of quality family planning and maternal, newborn, and child health services in the private health facilities and pharmacies. The FP/MNCH specialist will report to the provincial/regional manager and will closely work with the FP/MNCH Senior Advisor.
Program Management & Development
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical support to FP/MNCH and cervical cancer services on the ZAM-Health project and project supported facilities in the private sector.
- Ensure that the project supported facilities are utilizing current standard protocols, policies and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health (MoH).
- Work collaboratively to integrate FP/MNCH and cervical cancer services with other program sectors, particularly the HIV program.
- Work in partnership with other project staff and program areas to support aspects of strategic direction and leadership of the FP/MNCH/Cervical Cancer Screening aspect of the project.
- Represent the ZAM-Health project at various relevant technical meetings and TWGs at provincial and district levels.
- Ensure that the project implementation on FP/MNCH and cervical cancer services is in alignment with donor and MoH requirements and best practices;
- Work closely with the ZAM-Health M&E team on data management for FP/MCH and cervical cancer services on the project.
- Participate in project work planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Provide oversight in capacity building to project supported facilities – planning for trainings, supportive supervision, and mentorship.
- Ensure capacity building activities, alongside with MOH trainers and mentors to increase knowledge, attitude and positive attitude of healthcare providers and community health workers towards Family Planning, Maternal, and Child health and cervical cancer services.
- Work together with the MoH to routinely monitor and strengthen the quality of service provision by health staff and community health workers.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Nursing, Clinical Medicine; preferably with a Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH).
- At least 5 years of professional experience in provision of technical direction and support on a donor funded project.
- Demonstrated strengths in project management, capacity building, and overall experience in FP/MNCH and cervical cancer services.
- Experience working in partnership and coordination with the MoH and other stakeholders on FP/MNCH/Cervical Cancer Services.
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, and managing reproductive, maternal, and child health and cervical cancer services.
- Experience working with the private sector.
- Excellent analytical and written skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form through the following link.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
Closing Date: February 14, 2022
JSH is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information or political affiliation.