Communications, Knowledge Management and Marketing Manager – John Snow Health Zambia
LOCATION: Lusaka, Zambia
DURATION: Full-Time position
DEPARTMENT/UNIT: Corporate Office
REPORTS TO: JSH Executive Director
POSTING DATE: 11/02/2023
DEADLINE DATE: 11/13/2023
John Snow Health Limited (JSH) is a Zambian company committed to working with governments, non-governmental entities, the private sector, civil society, and communities to improve public health services. We offer a wide range of services to implement public health interventions that enhance individuals’ and communities’ health in Zambia and the region.
At JSH, we believe in inclusive growth. We ensure local communities, including marginalized groups, have access to responsive, client-centered, sustainable health systems.
The Communications, Knowledge Management and Marketing Manager is a full-time position. S/he will oversee and lead JSH’s corporate-level communications, knowledge management and marketing strategy. The S/he will generate, compile, and disseminate corporate-level and project-specific data and information to stakeholders in a timely manner and pay close attention to audience preferences for receiving information. The person in this position will work closely with other team members, particularly project communications staff and the Executive Director, to document and disseminate successes and lessons learned and develop strategies, activities, and products to distribute information effectively. S/he will maintain and operationalize a multi-channel dissemination strategy using the latest information technology, when appropriate, to reach key stakeholders at national and international levels. This role will report to the JSH Executive Director and be based in Lusaka.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with key program staff and the Executive Director, lead and operationalize an internal and external organizational communications and knowledge management strategy, which includes audience segmentation, key messages, and a robust monitoring and evaluation component;
- Coordinate with key program staff, USAID, and other donors and stakeholders to determine communication goals, targets, and program needs (both internal and external);
- Advise the program staff and JSH leadership on all aspects of the program’s communications efforts, ensuring the organization is taking advantage of key communications opportunities and speaking with one voice when communicating externally;
- Work with Executive Director and key program staff to develop and disseminate internal and external newsletters, news stories, success stories, blogs, abstracts, articles, social media, presentations, video concepts, photo stories, technical briefs, key messages, website content, branding and style guides, evergreen materials, donor reports, etc. Coordinate the entire process of developing and completing these deliverables.
- Maintain an updated branding strategy and marking plan and ensure all organizational and program-specific public communications and materials are branded correctly according to the organization’s branding strategy and marking plan;
- Manage consultants (photographers, graphic designers, web specialists, etc.,) and other communications staff to help implement the communications strategy in the areas of web design, media outreach, photography, videography, and publication design and layout;
- Organize, produce, package, and disseminate program information (print, video, and electronic) in a timely manner to key audiences.
- Master’s degree in communication for health, public health, international development or a related field;
- Ten years of experience working in a communications and/or knowledge management role in an international development, public health, nonprofit, or corporate setting;
- Proven ability to work with web-based and social media platforms;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), in English;
- Ability to develop, write, and edit technical content for both print publications and the web;
- Demonstrated managerial and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines;
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with program team members, donors, and other cooperating agencies;
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally and internationally;
- Big picture thinker with strong team-building and organizational skills preferred;
- Prior work history with USAID-funded projects preferred.
How to Apply?
To apply, kindly fill out the application form here.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: November 13, 2023.
JSH is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information or political affiliation.