Health Marketing and Sales Consultants – USAID ZAM-Health Activity
JOB TITLE: Health Marketing and Sales Consultants x4 (Southern, Lusaka, Central and Copperbelt Provinces)
LOCATION: Lusaka, Zambia
DEPARTMENT/UNIT: Private Sector Engagement
DURATION: Up to December 31, 2023
REPORTS TO: Senior Health Marketing Advisor
POSTING DATE: 09/05/2023
DEADLINE DATE: 09/08/2023
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) is a five-year Activity to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The Activity will employ private-sector approaches to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365, and PharmAccess.
The main Activity objectives are to reach men, adolescents, women of reproductive age, and people living with HIV (PLHIV) with high-quality health products and services through the private-sector. ZAM-Health interventions focus on private sector actors in selected urban and peri-urban areas in Lusaka, Copperbelt, Central, and Southern Provinces, with the possibility to add Northwestern Province if funding allows. Social marketing and behavior change interventions will seek to achieve national coverage
USAID ZAM-Health is implementing a social marketing program that ensures high-quality health products (including socially marketed condoms and oral contraceptives,) are more available, accessible, and affordable by priority populations. The project employs a Total Market Approach (TMA), supported by research and market data, to efficiently reach segments of the population that need a socially marketed product, while simultaneously supporting the growth of the overall market to ensure the commercial private sector is not ‘crowded out’. It is against this background that the project is engaging Sales and Distribution Officers to effectively and efficiently execute the social marketing program, and gather evidence for decision making.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and execution of service contracts with appointed distributors;
- Develop sales and distribution plans for products in the warehouse and advise the project on efficient and effective models of product distribution;
- Conduct an audit of existing product distribution network and use results to engage the distributors to expand product distribution networks to geographical areas where project target population would be best served;
- Track sales and ensure accurate and timely reporting of sales from distributors and sales outlets;
- Coordinate with the distributors to avoid products stock out at sales outlets by developing and implementing a product stock monitoring plan;
- Conduct pre-site visit preparations, including development of checklists and site visit plans;
- Carry out demand creation activities for a full range of health products to increase awareness and demand among the priority population;
- Contribute to the full execution of the transition plan for Klori-Pure to Pharmanova;
- Collect market information and feedback at customer and point of sale level to better inform project activities and optimize product marketing;
- Conduct stock reconciliation at the warehouse; including pipeline analysis and contribute to forecasting of future procurements of products;
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel and fraud management policies;
- Perform other project related duties as assigned by the supervisor and other senior staff.
- Strong sales and marketing background including a Diploma or Degree in Sales & Marketing or related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in sales and distribution of socially marketed products. Other qualifications include;
- Outstanding communication skills
- Good writing skills;
- Respectful and able to confidently interact with distributor representatives and point-of-sale contacts
- Ability to travel frequently to both urban and rural communities.
How to Apply?
To apply, kindly fill out the application form here.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: September 8, 2023.
JSH is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information or political affiliation.